Friday, July 3, 2015

Bittersweet Acquisitions






As many of you may know, the lovely and talented Dani  of  Vita Plastica 
decided to leave the world of 1/6 and go on to BJDs.
This led to her parting with her extensive collection of Grandville. 
(She is still selling off the rest here.)

(By the way, her BJDs and her plans for their stories, are incredible. Even if you don't collect BJDs I highly recommend you keep an eye on what she is up to.) 

I sent her a message about her local drug dealer Morgan, and the couch you see in the above picture.
I had to twist her arm to get the couch. ;) 
(THANK YOU SO MUCH DANI!)
But in the end, I got two of my favorite things that once resided in Grandville.
Morgan is still a drug dealer on my side of the dollyverse, and she took the couch for her and her new boyfriend.

Introducing Ares, who went from this...


To this...


Re-painted and Re-rooted earlier this year, and I am just now getting around to posting him here.
I suck, just a lil.


They have quickly found much in common. 

Like their love of this couch, plaid prints, drugs, and....



Breaking in new furniture.

O.o


I'm going to be posting more and more gradually.
Working on the doll room this weekend and a Poppy re-root I cannot wait to finish and showcase here!

Oh yeah, and posting about the Homme with blue hair, plus two other lovely re-roots I completed.
Geez. I gotta get on this! ;)

Oh mini me....where are you? 


-Cat  (^_^)

16 comments:

  1. he's a hottie! love the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sofa was a score! I think it is a smidge girl creation. Congrats on you makeover and purchases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :) It is a Smidge Girl creation. <3

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on getting them both! Looking forward to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ares looks so cool now! Great buys too :-)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! He was a bit of work, but worth it. :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your new dolls. Morgan is so cute ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a change in Ares! He looks hot and fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Muff! <3 I have to admit I bought a 2nd Silent Partner Romain so I could make this guy and keep one original. lol

      Delete
  7. Fantastic reroot! Eyecatching to say the least. Congrats on your buys and your return to blogging. A win-win for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa! (^_^) I'm super excited to return and share dolly projects and stories with everyone! This red haired Poppy is exactly what I'd been after in a Poppy. I try to keep it to only 3 of them at a time. lol

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for the shoutout Cat! Maybe you should get a finder's fee because you are making me some money girl! You have been so supportive and wonderful and I'm lucky to have you as a friend and colleague and sounding board for BJD stuff! That beautiful graffiti couch and Morgan could not have found a better home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That is amazing! I'm just happy you are getting sales! You have some amazing stuff, what more can I say? ;) And you have always been so supportive of me too and it would be a complete travesty if I didn't enjoy all of your BJD adventures. It's your creativity and storytelling that bring me back! You're wonderful!! (^_^) Thank you so much for entrusting me with the graffiti couch and Morgan. <3

      Delete
  9. był sobie chłopak -
    stał się MĘŻCZYZNA!

    ReplyDelete