Monday, March 14, 2016

Dreadlocks and Kawaii!



Last week, I worked on a very special guest. 
I didn't snag any before pictures, but you might recognize him from Miranda's blog.
It is the handsome, Shaun!
<3

Miranda wanted something edgier for him, 
so she sent him to me for dreadlocks.  

Here is the result...


For those of you who want to try something like this,
I suggest visiting this wonderful tutorial:
Click here!

 Miranda did his awesome facial hair.

 The style is actually done with side cuts on both sides.


One more...full body shot. ;)


I promised some Kawaii style cuteness in the title, and now I'm going to deliver. 
^_^


I re-bodied one of my Fashionista Barbies, named Nala, on a new Made to Move Barbie body. 
She has such a sweet face!
As you can see, Nala and Morgan have become fast friends. 
I hope they don't share a love of bad boys. 
Maybe Nala's kind demeanor will rub off on Morgan over time. 
I can dream. ;)




 On a side note:
I saw the following posted on Facebook
and thought some of you might be interested.
^_^


Special sale going on today!
Buy ANY item in the RDUS Etsy shop and be entered to win a grab bag worth $30 of doll hair! Here's how it works: Go to the RDUS Etsy shop and buy an item.
$5= 1 entry $10= 3 entries $20= 7 entries $50= 18 entries
PLUS a 10% coupon for your next purchase of $20 or more.
If RDUS reaches $150 in sales by midnight EST on the 14th (technically 15th),
RDUS will extend the sale until Friday, double the grab bag to $60 worth of doll hair,
 and include a 10% coupon to the RDUS Etsy shop. *sale 3/14/2016 thru 3/14/2016


Have an exceptional week!

*~*Cat and her dolly horde*~*
 (=・ェ・=)
 

18 comments:

  1. Love Shaun's hair - that's a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole post is a whoaaaa! From that handsome dread locked guy to the cool hair contest and sale! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! ^_^ <3 I am so happy you enjoyed it!!

      Delete
  3. Shaun looks ridiculously hot in his new dreadlocks! I love the Kawaii looks on your girls -- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard to pack him up and ship him home. lol Thank you so much, Phyllis!! <3

      Delete
  4. LOVE the dreadlocks! I hate how black boys never get any hair at the factory. I once made yarn dreadlocks, of course they don't look nearly as good and heavy because I'm allergic to wool...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I completely agree!! Mattel needs to work on that. I have wanted to try yarn dreadlocks. I've seen them done very well. I also have no doubt that what you did looked awesome. Do you have any pics? My mom has a BAD wool allergy. I'm sorry to hear you have one too. :/

      Delete
    2. Here are the yarn dreadlocks (ignore the peeling face paint): http://bit.ly/1SOPV5D
      I lucked out and found fluffy yarn with 0% wool (I can handle up to 30% for short periods if I only touch it with my fingers). I still had to separate and rub the strands to straighten them but it was a good starting point.

      Delete
    3. That is a really awesome idea, and I like the way she turned out. Next time, I'm going to give your idea a try. ^_^ Thank you for sharing!

      Delete
  5. Lookin good! The men of OneSixthAve are all super hotties!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy! <3 And oh yes they are! ;)

      Delete
  6. I love the dreadlocks!! Awesome job as always Cat!!! Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial! I plan to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 I hope you post about your results. It's always fun to see how the dreadlocks turn out. They are so versatile. ^_^ The styling possibilities are incredible.

      Delete
  7. I had a crush last summer for a man like Shaun o.O I wonder if he's still in town..
    Speaking about kawaii, I'd like to do a manga photostories series, with the "from right to left" reading, with Volks, Momokos, Unoa, but actually I own just a few of them and I don't know how much barbies I should sell to realize this project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you for having a crush like that! I would be swooning too. ;)

      The manga series idea sounds awesome. ^_^ I know Unoa dolls are super pricey. Momokos can be found for an affordable price sometimes, but I don't know much about Volks. You would probably need to sell quite a bit. Or you could just work up to it a little at a time.

      Delete
  8. Cat, he's gorgeous!!! Going to check out that tutorial now. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! ^_^
      Let me know if you try it!! <3

      Delete