Friday, January 20, 2012

Last 2 days to submit Interview questions for Haven and a new re-root

So, as the title suggests, January 22nd is the last day to submit your interview questions for Haven. I have approximately 10 questions as it stands.  In Doll Drama news, I have written episode 15 and will be shooting it this weekend. This episode won't be nearly as long as the last few, but still worth watching. I have already begun writing episode 16 and it will be ready sometime after I post Haven's photo story interview in the upcoming week. 


I am eye ball deep in commission work and personal projects. I finished up a few this past week, one of those projects was a re-rooted "Nod for Mod Barbie" for my friend Danielle Kempke. 


 Danielle Kempke is one of Haven's biggest fans, so I thought introducing her new dolly to him was the right thing to do...
Her first reaction... "Ooooohhh! Can I keep him?"
My reply..."Um, no."
Her follow up...."He's Puuuuurrrrfect! Mine! Mine!"
Me...."Haven, I had no idea.."
Haven..."She's cute."
Me..."Oh geez."

"Okay you two...look pretty for the camera, and then it's off with her head into an envelope with her."

Ghastly, aren't I? ;-)


So, in the tradition of being happily swamped in custom doll work I snapped a picture of my work shelf this morning. 

Wow. 
My sister pointed out how hilarious and weird this would look to the folks not in the loop of what I do in my spare time. Please keep in mind this is a VERY small portion of my creative wreckage.  Although, not all the dolls are works in progress, but most of them are.
I call this my active transition shelf. 
Projects in...projects out, though never as fast as I would like. 
My head is so full of ideas I may implode with creativity one of these days. 


That concludes my relatively quick update. I hope you are all amassed in creative projects of your own and succeeding!!
-Cat of A Doll Affinity

15 comments:

  1. She's adorable!! Oh I see my girl on your counter. I'm famous! Well you can move mine back in you need to. I'm in no rush at all! The girls were never integrated, so they will not be missed.

    I can't wait to do some creative projects this weekend! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really happy with the way she turned out. When I dressed her for these pictures cute with a little edge was the goal. And of course you are famous! You're awesome! :) I was working on sealing her paint and touching up some spots before I start her dreadlocks. I am working your re-roots in perfectly even if it doesn't look like it. Ha! ;)

      Oh I can't wait to see new creative project blogs from you! Your doll room is getting upgraded left and right!

      Delete
  2. Loving the hair color. Love dolls with unusual color in their hair! They are unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frannie! :) I will be working on a new two tone project for my sister in the near future. The hair hasn't arrived yet, but I'm pretty excited about it!

      Delete
  3. My question for Haven--So, what give a man like you his confidence, his swagger? And why are you always Miss-Be-Haven?

    I love the hair on this girl. I see she too is caught up with Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Leo!! You always get me laughing! Your sense of humor is so on point! I cannot wait to see how Haven answers your questions. That boy better be a smooth talker, because he has some real doozies to answer! lol

      Delete
  4. Very cute Cat! I love her hair color. Love her repaint also. Haven is such a hot boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Georgia Girl! :) Her lips needed toned way down to suit the new hair color. Haven is definitely one smokin' piece of plastic! lol

      Delete
  5. That last photo, that's how my closet looks! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It is so hard to keep up with it all! So I completely understand!!

      Delete
  6. I love her hair!!! She is great and lol about her crush on Haven and all he has to say is she's cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you April! They definitely had some chemistry, but he has his hands/arms full enough as it is!!! Hopefully one of my gals can get him to settle down, and soon! LOL :)

      Delete
  7. She look super sexy. I like the hair color a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from Spain: I love how the hair was Barbie. It's super modern and original to all others. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love her hair! It really is a popping color! Great job as usual:)

    ReplyDelete