Many of you are familiar with the fact that I start several projects at a time, and project hop until they start getting finished. Occasionally I sit down and get a project done in one sitting, but it isn't common. So this week I set out to see what loose ends I could tie up in the land of lost projects. I made a list, formulated a battle plan and went to creative war within my dolly verse.
Here is the outcome....
First, I completed my sister's birthday doll (very late). She still loves her, and you will soon see why. I have had this doll planned for months. I purchased her head on the doll page months ago. Her hair was awful and she needed a body, an articulated one. Luckily I had a spare Obitsu body lying around that was a perfect fit for this gal. I ordered a custom blend of auburn colors for her hair, and worked diligently to create a stunning doll my sister is completely in love with.
She started as a Lord of the Rings Galadriel Barbie...
...except not nearly as awesome as the photo suggests.
I named her Ella. (^_^)
Ella: "I LOVE MY NEW HAIR!!!"
Next on my journey to getting things done I flocked my very first female doll.
Now this woman is rather special.
She's Sienna's mom!
I have been looking everywhere for the doll capable of being Sienna's mother for awhile now. I would think I had it and then it just wasn't working with my vision of her.
The funny thing about Charice, is that I have had the means of making her for months and didn't know it. I became so buried in projects, supplies, and dolls that I didn't realize Sienna's mom was safely tucked away in my possession already. She is made up of a "That's so Raven" head (bought on the doll page months ago), Sienna's old body, and mahogany brown flocking...and a star was born! (^_^) She is so beautiful!
Definitely a new favorite.
Then, in the spirit of flocking and creating I got around to Micah. He is formerly a Barbie Basics Model 16. I got his articulated Harley Ken body for $29 shipped! Which, isn't too bad right now. I re-painted his eyebrows, flocked him, and he came to life.
My girls love bad boys...*sigh*
I may re-root him in the future, but this works for now.
And believe it or not...there is more!
The next project I finally wrapped up is Lenore. She has been in my collection for awhile, but I hated her part, and she needed a new body. So, I rooted in a new side part, and put her on an articulated body.
She started as Barbie as Snow White seen in this photo:
Here is the result of my tweaking...
I find her cute factor overwhelming and inspiring. (^_^)
She has an anime vibe to her that is irresistible.
Here is my shelf before I took all of the above pictures....
The guy on the far left is Aidan. He is a re-root I purchased before I knew how to do it myself. In fact, he is the only purchased re-root I own. However, I did add the black streaks. He is in the photo because he got a new articulated body. Which, was a PAIN to accomplish! If I ever find an easier way to get those types of heads onto those bodies...I'll do a tutorial. For now, I will just say that I don't look forward to the next time I have to do it. Sadly, there will be a next time. :(
And as of today, I finished my first full re-paint which can be seen here: CLICK ME! ;)
Tomorrow I will be tackling my 2nd full re-paint, and her identity is a surprise.
She is another commission for the same person and he and I are excited (I'm also nervous) to see the result. The re-paint is being done on a Barbie this time. Wish me luck!!
Okay....so I will stop for now. I got some other things done, and I am currently working on other re-root commissions as well as personal projects.
Oh yeah....and Haven's interview just needs pictures taken and I will be posting that in the coming week. (^_^)
May smiles find each of you!!
Be blessed and play on!
-Cat of A Doll Affinity